Sunday, April 26, 2009

Catching Up

So I pretty much got as lazy with keeping up on my blog as I did with my training between races, and I can’t say that all the snow in late March and early April can be fully to blame. I had a few adventures along the way, the most notable of which was probably when I left on a bike ride and found a nice brown deer antler up the hill in a vacant lot that I was riding past. Of course I was stoked so I ran up the hillside in my biking gear to snag it and decided to turn around and head back home. Finding this antler was actually bad for my training in my opinion because I then always wanted to go hiking to find more antlers. One of my runs was just jogging back to that spot and walking around a little to look for more easy ones and then running home. I also went up hiking a few times after classes and on the weekend and found a few brown elk antlers.
In my swimming class I posted a final time of 10:47 which I was pretty happy with cause I showed good improvement throughout the semester there. I was able to get an A in both swimming and jogging, and I figure that’s a good thing because I spent more time outside of class for those areas than I did for classes like biomechanics or history. Anyway, final projects and papers started coming due as well so I pulled an all-nighter as I was getting sick and neither of those is fun the week before a race.

No comments:

Post a Comment