Monday, February 9, 2009

School=exams=no fun (Brandon's equation of higher learning)

I don’t have anything too exciting for this week’s entry (not even any pictures either). My school week included 3 tests in 3 days so my free time and also my mileage were a little bit limited because of that. Since I started training a month ago, I have dropped around 6 or 7 pounds and this week I finally noticed it as I moved back down a notch in the old belt. Problem is I still have some weight to drop but no more notches on the belt. It will be rewarding to have punch another one though when that day arrives. The weekend finally freed up a little bit of time so on Friday after class I went to the pool, and not to be outdone by my dad and brother on their training plan, I also swam a 2500 continuous as part of my swim workout that day. I was surprised that I was able to maintain my form (notice how I didn't say good form) and stroke the entire time and it took like 48 min. On Saturday I went to the tri club ride/run brick but in the 20 miles that we rode, there were 6 flat tires among the group and not enough spares to go around for the last couple so I ended up riding back to the school to grab my car and loading up two of the stranded riders. I called it a day after taking them back to the school and home. I had a couple of really good runs this week as far as time is concerned. I did a 5-mile run 40:18 and had a 4-mile run that I was trying to squeeze in before a class so I pushed it pretty good and had a time of 29:28 with my fastest split at 6:51. I was still a few minutes late to class after that one.

Well I’m thinking this week will be a good one training wise and hopefully I’ll get a few longer sessions in this week. I’ve only got 19 weeks left to prepare!

Week 5: S: 4 mi; B: 20 mi + spinning; R: 15 mi

No comments:

Post a Comment