Sunday, February 1, 2009

Training Continues

The training continues here in Provo and it was a pretty good week with a couple of highlight workouts that stand out. Back home on the training plan that Dad and Robby are following, this week is a recovery week so I tried to be lazy and recover some as I saw fit during the week. Wednesday I was able to get out and put in a run between classes that got me a little over 7 miles. I went back down the Provo river trail and still made it back for class. I hit the tri club spin class that night and I’ve noticed that my legs are getting stronger for climbing because I felt much stronger on the couple of climbs in the ride I did later in the week. Thursday night I went back to the gym and hit the exercise bike to watch the zags game on the tvs attached to the bike. Friday I put in a long swim workout with part of it being a continuous mile and did that in around 33 min. Although that’s not fast by any means, I’m still happy with the progress that I’ve seen in my swimming.

Saturday turned out to have some decent weather. With temperatures in the teens, I bailed on the tri club outdoor ride and run at 9am but only because I had already set plans to ride at noon with family friend Brad Gerrard. We did a 33 mile ride that was awesome and actually near perfect weather and conditions. We left Brad's house in Mapleton and rode out to the boat docks at Utah lake (see pic) before turning back and following the same route home. Near the 24 mile mark, however, we crossed a set of railroad tracks that gave me a snake bite in my rear tire. While I was changing my tire, Brad’s rear tire all of sudden went flat. Just so happens that back in September, that same crossing took out both of my tires on a ride also with the Gerrards. Lesson learned…walk the bikes across that set of tracks in the future.

Week 4: S: 4.25 mi; B: 33 mi + spinning; R: 10 mi
20 weeks left til Ironman!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment