Sunday, March 15, 2009

1 week til Lake Havasu!!!

Down to a week until the first race of the season! I'm pretty pumped for this first race to see how the training has been coming. I guess if nothing else, I'll look good at the race. Our team warm-ups came in this week and they are way sweet. Our race jerseys and shorts are arriving early this week so we'll be representing the school in style and we'll hopefully have some representation on the podium. You gotta check out these sweet warm-ups though!
Good news from the swim department! I've been working on some of the stuff from last Saturday's swim clinic and I'm starting to see some of the improvements I had hoped for. Did a few unofficial 650s during the week for reference and I was another minute faster than my last official time. Hopefully I can stay focused and keep my stroke in the race.
The weather has been pretty good so I went out Thursday morning for a bike ride then Friday found me skipping class for a 9 hour hike in the hills searching for some shed horns off a big bull that dropped them since I saw him last Friday. I zigzagged all over the hillsides looking for his horns but couldn't come up with them. I did, however, find a few other old ones including this 6 point.

Saturday I woke up to some pretty sore legs and think I was still a little dehydrated from the previous day so I opted to wait until 1pm to ride. We did around 30 miles but hit some pretty steep hills hoping to be ready for the couple we'll face in Havasu. It was pretty tough tackling some of those climbs without the usual pop that was missing cause of my hike. After the bike ride, we transitioned into our 10k run which was some of the only running I did this week (besides the day that I rolled out of bed 10 minutes before swim class and had to just tie on my shoes and run to the pool at school...good news, I wasn't even late).
We have a good group of 20+ heading down to Lake Havasu on Friday morning so it should be a blast and you'll have to check back next week for my race report.
Week 10: S: 4 mi; B: 45 mi + spinning; R: 8 mi

No comments:

Post a Comment