Monday, March 2, 2009

Here kitty, kitty!

This week I didn't get a ton of running in because I was a bonehead and paid the price. Walking home from school about a week ago, one of my socks slipped down on my foot and I didn't feel like bending over to get it because I had a fairly heavy backpack that day. No big deal I though, I'll just get it when I get to my apartment. Arriving at my apartment I reached for my sock and saw that I had a small blister that formed. Stupid! I bandaged it up before the next day's run but that didn't help and the dang thing ended up getting bigger so I had to give it time to heal and ended up with some low mileage running again this week. I was still able to ride though and Tuesday our physics class was canceled meaning I got home from school 3 hours early so off on a bike ride I went. I went up Provo Canyon on what was about a 25 mile ride and there was a lot of road splatter from the wet shoulders of the road up there. Here's a shout-out for another great Christmas gift as these booties kept my feet completely dry and clean (even though they went from being black to blending in with my brown carpet). Also, I'm not one of those hardcore triathletes...I swear, it's just road splatter.
Okay, we can probably switch gears. I'm got more into my racing mentality this week as I decided my hair was getting too long and I needed to take a little of the top. I did just that...and a little more on Friday and boy do I feel fast. Walking to school that day I swear I shaved many seconds and possibly minutes off my usual time. I felt so fast that I decided I needed to go hiking since I wasn't running yet. For those of you who weren't aware, it's pretty easy for me to convince myself to go hiking. It was a great hike on Friday after class and I was able to locate about 19 bull elk and my biggest prize of the day was seeing a cougar up there too! I know this is a training blog but since I can classify hiking as cross training (and any of you who have been on one of hikes probably wouldn't argue), I reserve myself the right to post those pictures too.
I'm pretty sure that cutting my hair helped me to shed a few pounds, too. I weighed in yesterday and was down to like 165 which means I've lost 10 pounds now in my 2 months of training. That puts me on track to be down to the 155 that I'd like to race at for Vegas in April.
Time is counting down on the races as the Lake Havasu Olympic distance is slightly less than 3 weeks away and Vegas will be following a month after that!
Week 8 mileage: S: 5 mi; B: 53 mi + spinning; R: 5 mi;

No comments:

Post a Comment